2010 Goals

2010 Goals

So this was a hard decision. So much to do, so many places to choose from. So many different things I still want to do. But this became the list as the year started:

*find a way to not have to work so much
*talk someone into doing an unsupported expedition length event with me in 2010/ 2011
*NUE: do a few 100s, maybe try in west again?
*Finish as many marathon length (XXC) double race weekends as I can.
*Tour de Burg-7/10-finish this 2nd overall attempt 6 day stage race!! Finish ALL portions, including the head shave contest;-)
*6HOP-attempt to defend Coed Duo title.
*Be ready for another stage event in early fall, not sure which one.

*BIGGEST GOAL: to always exercise each day in some way!



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Annual Mountwood Mudfest

Never fails, WVMBA Mountwood is a popular early season race, but always a mudfest. Why should this year be any different. Dont worry, it wasn't. But it sure was nice to ride it for once with disc brakes. Yes, every year until now, I have ridden the mudfest with rim brakes & usually had to run quite a bit to finish.

So, it's just me, Cassie, and Klara. It's pretty much solid what order we will end up in, so we just all hit our own pace and go from there. The only hectic time is the bulk of the sport pack did catch me on some of the slippery DH sections & I got held up with their inscessant incoherent ability to pass smoothly and safely, thus forcing me to have to pull over and STOP multiple times in order to not get taken out. Excuse me, but is anyone here winning worlds??

Always a mixed up new fangled twist of turns, Mountwood was once again a fun course with a extra wet creek crossing finish, and the nice pavilion to crowd under during the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment