2010 Goals

2010 Goals

So this was a hard decision. So much to do, so many places to choose from. So many different things I still want to do. But this became the list as the year started:

*find a way to not have to work so much
*talk someone into doing an unsupported expedition length event with me in 2010/ 2011
*NUE: do a few 100s, maybe try in west again?
*Finish as many marathon length (XXC) double race weekends as I can.
*Tour de Burg-7/10-finish this 2nd overall attempt 6 day stage race!! Finish ALL portions, including the head shave contest;-)
*6HOP-attempt to defend Coed Duo title.
*Be ready for another stage event in early fall, not sure which one.

*BIGGEST GOAL: to always exercise each day in some way!



Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dash 4 Cash Charity Event

Well, Dash 4 Cash is one of my favs, so I send JP off down to the Big Bear 2x12 to pair up with Suz F. in hopes they get in the $$ while I head on up to the Dash.

Now I've helped in the past build trails here, ridden here in good and bad conditions, know every hard uphill that has been since taken out. So it's a muddy day, the creeks are super high, and two hard climbs are gone....should still be sweet.

Time trial format here is a good idea as the trail is primarily all singletrack and with the mud/rocks/creeks it's nice to have the spaced out riders. But it also makes it hard to know where your pace stands! So I line up with Paula B, and just as we settle into a pace in the first stretch of mud slop suddenly my pedals spin around with NO tension. Well, this is a feeling I have had one too many times, without a second thought I yell bye to Paula, jump off the bike, and start the hike back to the start. Totally blown out hub. Why me?? Every few months, another friggin hub. POS.

So, not too happy but not much I can do about it, I hustle back to the car, swap on my new Rajamuri running sandals, grab the camera and jog on down to one of the creek crossings. I proceed to hang out here in the drizzle with one of the volunteer fireman and take photos as racers come across. Fun enough. Then the jog back, FYI...the running sandals let your feet slide on the footbed just a little too much & worse in the wet....not highly recommended for slick trail running:-)

As usual, Jarvis Lindsay (and his family, and the Buffalo VFD) organizes a good event with a nice BBQ porc dinner afterwards & raffle. If your local, this is a day you should try once. The Lindsays have beautiful farm/wooded property & open it for this event on trails that are hard, cool, wild & rustic feeling. This is true mountain biking!! And it raised $$$ for the local fire dept. who provides support for the event. There are also different length trail run options available on this day through American Adventure Sports.

Pictures I took are posted on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=227948&id=621536207&l=8d8c25732e

No comments:

Post a Comment